litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Nlc - Lister Bell Stratos

KurtB

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good write up Kurt. Sounds like it is maybe a bit too compromised for you......but.....

Leigh, you are half way there - 'need' is the way forward. It's a wife-friendly word. 'Want' on the other hand gets immediate dismissal as the conversation moves rapidly on to new kitchens.

Good write up Kurt. Sounds like it is maybe a bit too compromised for you......but.....

Leigh, you are half way there - 'need' is the way forward. It's a wife-friendly word. 'Want' on the other hand gets immediate dismissal as the conversation moves rapidly on to new kitchens.

LOL :)

• 3 weeks later...

I spent a couple of hours at Lister Bell this afternoon. Craig and Lydia were very helpful and friendly.

Very impressed. Some great engineering and the kit is being improved all the time. The quality and thickness of the fiberglass makes my S2 look a bit bad and the 340R look positively shit.

Some really, really nicely thought out components like the CNC aluminum uprights, custom instruments, seats, wheels etc.

I sat in one of the ones they had there. It's a near perfect fit.......

I spent a couple of hours at Lister Bell this afternoon. Craig and Lydia were very helpful and friendly.

Very impressed. Some great engineering and the kit is being improved all the time. The quality and thickness of the fiberglass makes my S2 look a bit bad and the 340R look positively shit.

Some really, really nicely thought out components like the CNC aluminum uprights, custom instruments, seats, wheels etc.

I sat in one of the ones they had there. It's a near perfect fit.......

....Yes Leigh, but is your wallet a near perfect fit into Craig and Lydia's hands too?

Please don't buy one, I will hate you.....FOREVER cool.png

They are so busy that it would have to be a self build of at least the rolling chassis. 12 month waiting list for a chassis kit anyway.

Anyone fancy helping me do it?

I guess on the plus side, a 12 month waiting list would give Kiwirog plenty of time to have a tinker with an Alfa V6, it'd make a change from all the K series he's done like mine......knowing you though, you'd probably want a supercharger on it as well.....just for good measure rolleyes.gif

Stop being so helpful you lot! smile.png

Phil, if I did do it then the engine would have to be completely rebuilt, balance, ported and sorted engine. Reckon if I really tried I could get close to 300hp out of the 3.0 Alfa V6 with throttle bodies. How fucking awesome would that sound cool.png

They do an engine mount system for the Toyota lump out of the Evora. So could do an SC one of them. But for me the Alfa is closer to the original 2.5 V6 Dino lump.

Reg, stop trying to get me to spend money rolleyes.gifthumbs_up.gif

I think you ought to start thinking about a deposit Leigh! After all, this life isn't a dry run...

Hmmm......I keep looking at their site and trawling the web for Stratos (or whatever the plural is).

I'm bothered that I'd end up like so many builders, having to sell it as an unfinished kit because of never having the time (or skills) to finish it.

Maybe we could have a few big MLOC bring a spanner weekends at mine and knock it out dead quick? smile.png

Could be fun, once it's finished though, would you promise to drive it to more than just the MOT station each year cool.png

Dunno if I can promise anything so ludicrous!

I could lend it for a weekend each to those who helped, that would put some miles on it drive1.gif

Dunno if I can promise anything so ludicrous!

I could lend it for a weekend each to those who helped, that would put some miles on it :drive:

Now you're talking Leigh - so I just need to do up a few bolts? I'll bring my socket set ;)

Archived