litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Nlc - Lister Bell Stratos

KurtB

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Green with yellow coffin spokes, as per the LB demonstrator. BEAUTIFUL! Red interior trim.

Thats the colour combo of the one I used to see in the late 80s in Preston. Think it might have had gold wheels though. I guess Lotus got away with green and red interiors in some of the sport 160s.

I'd do grey (like my Defender) with satin black wheels. In over 20 years of going to kit car shows I can't ever remember seeing a grey Stratos.

So whatever you decide Leigh, it'll be wrong :lol

It doesn't matter, building a car for yourself means that you can do it exactly how you want, nobody else has a say! cool.png

What's the timescale Leigh ? Best to fix a date now... Or it'll run on and on just possibly...

Really pleased for you. One day I will be picking your brains for help on mine I hope !

Time-scales something like:

Removal and rebuild of V6 engine  - by Feb 2016 maybe?

Collection of X1/9 parts and other bits - ongoning

Deliver of chassis - Sept 2016

Lots of swearing and head scratching until May 2017

Complete car on road by Aug 2017

But who knows!

Lucky, lucky chap!  I have always promised myself that I would, one day, buy/ build a Chesil Speedster.

Reading with interest.  

Had to check what a Chesil Speedster was. Funnily enough I was in a meeting with a guy the other day who had an original 356 - imported form the States.

Archived