Midlands Lotus Owners Club (MLOC)

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alex B

Le Mans Damage

6 posts in this topic

So during my Le man track day with the rest of the MLOC crew I had a little incident involving black smoke coming from the engine bay. Turned out it was the cam cover rubbing on the pulleys, the damage was as follows...90b7aaa5cae7caafe8b1b5d38802e4f2.jpg3f8c5cf5c8590d0b34e05e23bd6996d4.jpg

Not too bad isn't it ?

Not too bad in the big scheme of things but I'd say it was on fire at some point, judging by how the plastic has melted.

Could have been worse could have set fire to something else or snapped the cam belt.

You do know there are two widths of cambelt, don't you ???

Fingers crossed that's all you fried.  What do you need - I'll see what's in the garage ?

You do know there are two widths of cambelt, don't you ???

Fingers crossed that's all you fried.  What do you need - I'll see what's in the garage ?

Chris, the fact that some of the fixings had gone AWOL did not help. Still a few cable ties sorted it out till it got home. I found a couple of covers in my stash. I expect Alex will fit them one day      :)