litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Tyre Advice Needed Urgently!

smithpaulg

Hi

Following the Asda day earlier this month, my rear tyre became very worn to the point of not being able to use the car, so as i was going on holiday i had all four wheels stripped (and the tyres disposed of) and the wheels refurbished, all good so far...

Picked up the rims which have now been powder coated and look good. Earlier this week i ordered a complete set of yoko advans ad07s fronts and ad08 rears, still all good, so thought i was going to be back on the road this weekend, until they all arrived this morning only to find i had mistakenly bought 245s and not 225s. On checking i cant find anywhere that i can get 225s.

Does anyone know of anywhere they are currently in stock? I am checking all the usual sources.

I was hoping to attend chris's breaky run next sunday, but unless i can find something i might struggle.

The other issue is that i wanted a complete set of the same and i have the 175 fronts so it is all proving rather tricky!

Any advice/sources appreciated!

Thanks

Paul

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you can't find any in time Paul you could get a pair of Bridgestones and I will have them off you in a month. Mine will be shot by then. My last pair were only about £100 apiece iirc. If you can get them for that sort of money I will give you what you paid for them - I owe you anyway.

It's an option but no sweat if not.

Thanks for the offer Dean - this tyre business is really complicated - after lots of checking i have kept it simple and returned all four tyres to tyres-pneus and ordered 4 x r888s from seriously lotus, so with a bit of luck i will be there next week!

Thanks

Paul

Archived