litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Elise Hardtop Securing Screws....

macey

Does anyone here know anywhere that supplies these in good quality? Would prefer stainless.

My car is only 18 months old. They are badly corroded and I had trouble removing them.

Someone on www.lotustalk.com makes them in the states but not answering my PM regarding shipping to UK.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, not exactly. They are 'captive' screws with two parts threaded with a thinner un-threaded porttion  between the threaded parts.

You can order them direct for lotus parts they aren't very expensive.

I ordered mine from deroure for my carbon hardtop.

Thanks for that,. Trouble is,  will they be the same poor quality steel that I have already? Looking for stainless or better quality steel that won't go rusty quite so easily... Probably just have to refit what I have already & grease the threads...

Thanks for that,. Trouble is, will they be the same poor quality steel that I have already? Looking for stainless or better quality steel that won't go rusty quite so easily... Probably just have to refit what I have already & grease the threads...

The ones I had where coated black, and where taken off and on hundreds of times. Never had an issue.

• 2 weeks later...

You can order them direct for lotus parts they aren't very expensive.

I ordered mine from deroure for my carbon hardtop.

DeRoure is also a great resource for looking up part numbers for all Lotus bits, and their online catalogue has full exploded views of assemblies and functional areas.

I got some from elise parts for the early s2 hardtop (i think they changed slightly). Weren't on the website so had to speak to them about it.

Cant really comment on quality as fitted them once and then sold the car. Worth giving them a call though as they are usually pretty helpful.

Archived