litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Hi, And Does Anyone Know This Elan?

Mne666

They're a good handling Lotus. Ask Martin R as he had one for a while.

When they were unveiled i think they were labelled the best ever FWD car, handling wise. A £100 chip gives you 200 bhp. Upgrade the brakes and away you go. They are no Elise but a great car in their own right. If it were raining hard i expect they would be a lot quicker than an Elise point to point     :)   Also a lot safer.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought I'd gone onto SELOC by mistake for a minute or two! Isn't life too short for petty in fighting?!

Anyway, my old neighbour has an M100 and loves it. It's not quite as quick as the Elise 111S I owned before the Exige, but a worthy car none the less. And surely it's a "proper" Lotus as it was built by them, at Hethel and they adorned it with the same badges that all our cars wear.

Try a good one before you recycle old motoring journalist tripe, and please try not to be so elitist. These odd little fragile cars we drive aren't everyone's cup of tea, but thank goodness we all have a varied but similar interest in British cars.

Kurt

They are no Elise but a great car in their own right. If it were raining hard i expect they would be a lot quicker than an Elise point to point     smile.png   Also a lot safer.

Agreed. I remember from mine, which I had from new, that you could get in and out easily, hood up or down. The hood goes up in seconds and the boot is large enough for a golf bag (if that is your thing). Quick, safe and comfortable for long journeys.

I seem to remember a road test which said something like "sell your grandmother to get this car".

Archived