litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Ouch!

MSH

Just had the quote from Christopher Neil for reparing the Exige after some track day over exuberance.

To repair both clam shells, new splitter, new h/light and indicator, new rear light cluster, replace front crash structure and respray as appropriate. £914800 + vat.

Seems a little excessive to me, or am I being naive?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give Frank a call at Option 1 - 01527 557 111

and remember to tell Frank your a member of MLOC

It will most likely come out even better than new from these guys.

They really know their stuff.

Just hope Lotus can supply all the parts!

Just had the quote from Christopher Neil for reparing the Exige after some track day over exuberance.

To repair both clam shells, new splitter, new h/light and indicator, new rear light cluster, replace front crash structure and respray as appropriate. £914800 + vat.

Seems a little excessive to me, or am I being naive?

I hope you are missing a decimal point otherwise, yes it is certainly excessive!! :D

DB put up parts prices significantly and they have increased further since.

About 3 1/2 years ago clamshells were increased by 50% overnight.

Current official Lotus prices for series 2 Exige - Front Clam £2,928.10, Rear Clam £3,116.78.

That alone, when VAT is added, is £7253.86 and that is for unpainted clamshells without grills, badges, fixings etc.

(Body) Parts are on back order from factory, 4 - 6 weeks at moment, all parts are available.  

Spoke to Frank earlier today and emailed him some pics of damage. He's quoting about 8k plus the VAT so I'll be trailering the car down on Friday hopefully.

Seems like a really genuine guy and very knowledgable too.

Seems Chris Neil weren't so far off the mark with their quote after all.

Note to self: keep it on the black stuff next time!

(Body) Parts are on back order from factory, 4 - 6 weeks at moment, all parts are available.

Frank's pretty confident he can repair the damage rather than replace. He's saying 3-4 weeks if I get it down this week. Chris Neil were quoting even longer than 6 weeks for body parts from the factory. Wouldn't even give an ETA for the clam.

Still sounds a lot if the clams just need a repair and pain and the crash box replacing, there again the little extra bit still end up costing a fare bit.

Why not change the colour while you are at it as I am guessing most of the car is being painted anyway, you might as well see something out of the money you are paying out

If I was spending that much, I'd want new clams not repaired ones. Grills and headlights all add a lot to the price.

Just to replace the clams with Lotus parts, never mind paint and prep is knocking on the door of 7k so repair seems the most cost effective method.

I assume you have £800.00 discount to come off the Option 1 quoted price?

Franks offered 10% off whatever the final written quotation is so can't complain at that.

Archived