litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Longest / Furthest You've Managed In A Day..

Simon Mac

Just reflecting on my recent trip, I realised I managed nearly 11 hours in the car in a single day!

9:00 am until 6:30pm only stopping for fuel, and a 30 min lunch break whilst driving from near Lyon to Paris without going on any motorways :o 

I was actually surprisingly comfortable. Scenery was great, weather was sunny, and a few nice bits of road to boot. It was actually a joy not a chore!

What about you guys ?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here to hometown in Normandy, very surprised by the fact that the exige was actually more comfortable than my previous Clio RS... And driving the exige on the good condition roads in France, such a pleasure ..

Leicester to LeMans for the past 5 years. Fuel and more frequent pit stops when I was pregnant. Exige is really comfy for such journeys, even if it does leave a slight ring in your ears!

Here to hometown in Normandy, very surprised by the fact that the exige was actually more comfortable than my previous Clio RS... And driving the exige on the good condition roads in France, such a pleasure ..

Furthest I managed in my Exige S (many years ago) was prob Nottingham to Chichester and back in a day. I remember getting out virtually crippled, and was actually a little nervous of my trip in the Elise due to this.

I must be in the the tiny minority that finds the ProBax less comfortable than the early pump-up S2 seats!!  

Last year doing a similar trip in a Navara was _much_ more comfortable, but then it felt like a chore driving just to get places, not driving for fun.

Must be a question of morphology also, I am young and very average size, so when I sit, I am very maintained so I don't move while driving, the back position is also the one I prefered, use to drive the back straight, but yes when you get out of the car, feel rusty ..

Retford to Le Mans in an 2002 Elise only stopping for fuel and the ferry crossing a few years back, no problem with the pump seats.

Recent drives into Europe using probax seats (2010 Cup 260) no issues

TBH i have had more of an issue driving company Seats for any longer than 1 hour and normally if journey is longer than 3 hours when i get out of car i look like i've had the snip (bent over nearly double)

Castle donington to Le Mans with fuel stops in the S1 on carbon fibre seats ( with a little bit of padding)

I find the seating position in my 172 more uncomfortable than the Elise.

Must be a question of morphology also, I am young and very average size, so when I sit, I am very maintained so I don't move while driving, the back position is also the one I prefered, use to drive the back straight, but yes when you get out of the car, feel rusty ..

I'm certianly not in this category... saw the wrong side of the big 4-0 last year. and being the wrong side of 6'2", means my right hand leg rests on the sill, which is far too hard a plastic :(

Think the furthest I've ever managed was last year when a few of us managed Dartford to Davos in a day. 

Pretty tired at the end of it but we did have a couple of breakdowns along the way as well as the usual fuel and food stops.

Seats were very comfy! smile.png

Think the furthest I've ever managed was last year when a few of us managed Dartford to Davos in a day. 

Pretty tired at the end of it but we did have a couple of breakdowns along the way as well as the usual fuel and food stops.

Seats were very comfy! :)

That was a long day! Seem to remember we went to the night club in davos that night till silly o'clock in the morning as well!

Archived