litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Exige Exhaust Removal Advice

kieranexige

Hi all,

Just spend the last hour trying to get the backbox off the exige s2. All done as per the guides on the net and so far it came to bits really easy.

I'm now stuck trying to get the actual pipe join to seperate. The clamp is off but it won't budge?

Any ideas as wd40 dosnt seem to be doing anything.

Kieran

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers all, went back to the garage after dinner and left the mrs wedding planning.

After looking at it I realised it was the heat shield holding me off, access panel side. After a little adjustment it's off.

Only downside I've now got to go in and explain why my right arm red raw with carpet burns having spent the last hour in the garage....

There is a Downside to carpeting your garage floor afterall

All done this evening.

What a weight in that old exhaust. New one flew on in comparison. Well up untill I realised the diffuser was fowling on the exhaust clamp. A minor adjustment and its done.

Looking forward to giving it a run tomorrow

Hi Eric,

Went for the quicksilver only back box section at the minute but will do everything once I've got my wedding out the way.

Want to get brakes, exhaust and intercooler uprated before it goes in for a 260 upgrade

Yeah i had heard that.

I bought the exhaust off a guy from Ilkeston way with a cup260.

He only had it a few months but wasn't sure if he was going to sell the car so was starting to sell the goodies off.

Almost like new and a good price so i could be happier

Hi Eric,

Went for the quicksilver only back box section at the minute but will do everything once I've got my wedding out the way.

Want to get brakes, exhaust and intercooler uprated before it goes in for a 260 upgrade

I can certainly recommend the big brake kit with four-pot AP Racing calipers.  I was lucky enough to have these fillted as standfard to my Exige as part of the Performance Pack.  They provide a massive step up in stopping power but are stll progessive and easy to modulate.  CL RC5+ pads are a must too!!

Archived