Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Spun It At Druids. Gutted!

MSH

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, but it wasn't part of the plan :-)

So long as you made it look like it was ;)

Oulton looks like a great track but it is a bit of car killer if you get it wrong, This is the reason I have not done it yet, Will have to have a go soon thou !

It does have a deserved reputation as being one of the less forgiving circuits in the UK. It's also my nearest track so I decided to grasp the nettle and go for it.

The moments when I felt like I'd nailed a section did give me a lot of satisfaction though. The greater the risk the greater the reward I suppose.

Oh yes, that's right.  It was an intentional 4-wheel sideways drift with a 180degree reverse flick as I left the tarmac and started onto the grass, carefully planned to miss the barriers by a matter of inches.  Couldn't do it that well if I tried many times.

It's a great track but can catch people out.  Training is always available if you with LoT.  I'd always get training somewhere new anyway, but definitely essential at places like Oulton and Donington.

Archived