litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Evora Tyre Pressure

P4N Lotus

hi all what should the Evora tyre pressure be? the book says 33.5psi front and 36rear.

should they be at this or higher or lower psi? what's the benefits to more or less air presure on high speeds, handling, wear and grip?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

reason I ask Stratstone put mine to 30psi on both front and rear. I asked them why and they mentioned that lotus personnel had suggested that that pressure gives better handling at higher speeds than what the manual gives.

Any further comments or how this will affect the wear or anyone else heard this?

Having now driven at these pressures for the last three days, the grip and cornering is actually much better than what lotus have set.

Works out at 30psi rear and 29/30psi front (2.1 front /2.2bar rear) anyone with an Evora should definitely try this pressure, the car feels even more planted to the road once tyres are warm

I am running mine at around 34R & 31F if I recall. They seem to be wearing evenly across the tyre.

you might want to change to thes pressures grip is really improved

33 / 36 does seem a little high for a lightweight car. I run 20 / 23 on mine so 30 for a little extra weight doesn't seem too outrageous. Don't forget the tyres pressures increase when driving.

33 / 36 does seem a little high for a lightweight car. I run 20 / 23 on mine so 30 for a little extra weight doesn't seem too outrageous. Don't forget the tyres pressures increase when driving.

I wouldn't say it's that lightweight steve ;-)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived