litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

340R Friendly Beach.

The Working Man

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About the best place I can think of would be the Ynyslas end of Borth where you can drive right onto the beach no problem.  The road down to it, although narrow, is flat and no speed bumps etc, the beach itself is normally pretty level too and quite firm.  I think there's a small charge to park.  Great routes to get there too from the midlands!

Sure there are other places you could get onto the beach too, but can't think of any quite as easy as above.

It's great to have a car with an alloy chassis, but there are steel frames etc, and crevices for crud to get wedged into, nobody concerned at taking their car on a salty beach ? Just asking :-)

Not really IIRC Waynes Exige was dropping sand most of the way back to the Midlands      :)

Not planning any dognuts or rallying, just want to keep the car in sight. Also don't want any damage, hence no speed humps or other unexpected grounding. A friend has suggested Fairbourne. Hoping to pick a nice morning and go for it. Had a nice early morning blast on Saturday, around Staffs B roads. The Ridwares, Abbots Bromley (avoiding speed humps, I know where they are), back down on the A515 to Lichfield. 6am, clear roads, sun just coming up, no cyclists or bikers, perfect.

Archived