litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Life Begins At 40...k

nordberg

Took a drive over Wiltshire (Devizes) at the weekend with the wife for our anniversary. I took note of the mileage before I set off and on our return I realized it's now got more than 40k on the clock blush.png . Still not bad for a 14 year old car though smile.png . Glad I am in a position where I can enjoying driving the car after the problems i have had. 

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the 40k club.....mine was 14 years old exactly at Chatsworth and I've recently passed the 40k mark. I reckon it's the sweet spot......ie the car has been used but the mileage isn't yet interstellar.

I've done 2.5k in the last 10 days in the Exige, It will be more like 3.5k by the time I get home from my Euro trip..... Loving every minute of it smile.gif

These cars are meant fro driving drive1.gif

My first Elise had 36k on the clock I sold her 2 and a bit years later with 136k! all running well, not tapping and no head gasket issues, and that was all serviced and maintained by me and my old fella... smile.png

Great..... thumbs_up.gif

I've done 2.5k in the last 10 days in the Exige, It will be more like 3.5k by the time I get home from my Euro trip..... Loving every minute of it smile.gif

These cars are meant fro driving drive1.gif

I totally agree Kosmo. I think next year I will look into a trip abroad. Did Le Mans Classic (2012) in my 1275GT and would love to do that again in the Lotus. Unfortunately this isn't on again till 2016 so i guess I will have to find another focus like Monaco or Lake Garda. Suggestions welcome laugh.png

I agree next year has to include a road trip!

The last one I did was to the Nordschlife which included the F1 circuit too.

The journey including stops etc etc was fantastic (there were 3 Elises) and we even managed 3 abreast on a dual carriageway too! shhhhhhhh.....

I totally agree Kosmo. I think next year I will look into a trip abroad. Did Le Mans Classic (2012) in my 1275GT and would love to do that again in the Lotus. Unfortunately this isn't on again till 2016 so i guess I will have to find another focus like Monaco or Lake Garda. Suggestions welcome laugh.png

Monaco for sure (via Stelvio).  Doing the cruise of the F1 circuit was extremely cool... even had people run after me to take shots of the car! Don't expect the driving round Monte-Carlo to be fun though, very busy with traffic, and lots of police doing random stops.

I'd highly recommend staying in Beausoleil, cheap secure parking and 5 minute walk from Monte Carlo's Buddha Bar (which is a great place!)

Archived