Midlands Lotus Owners Club (MLOC)

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mutley00

Changing Rear Inner Ball Joint

5 posts in this topic

Eleanor (S1) failed her MOT due to a duff ball joint. Replacement is on its way from Elise parts. Approximately how long does it take to fit please so I can ensure I dont get ripped off for labour at my local garage. Thanks

Which ball joint has failed? The title says rear inner? Last time i looked there is not any inner ball joints.

Rear wishbones are quite easy to remove (as long as they are not completely rusted up and the bolts come out ok)

If all bolts free i would say between 1-2 hours for the ball joint doing it your self. Then the geo would need rechecking.

I hope this helps?

I assume they mean one of the rear tie rod inner balljoints?

Easy enough to change although access is a bit tricky and rear toe would need setting afterwards.

If it is the inner toe link. Make sure the 2 flats ( near the subframe ) point straight across after it is tightened.