litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

New Elise S1 - A Few Small Issues

Sundaydriver

Picked up my S1 Elise at the weekend.

A couple of things I need advice on please ...

Stack unit has condensation in, any easy fix ,

and possible to install an S2 unit maybe ?

The two clippies either side that hold the rear screen in are past their best, are they easily changed please ?

Anyone changed the door top to window seals,

these are looking pretty ropey.

Cheers , Dave C

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Dave C,

Regarding the window seals, the OE replacements are expensive but there are cheaper alternatives - Woolies-trim and Elise-Shop, although I have no experience of either so can't really comment on them. There is a guide on how to change them on Scottish Elises:-

http://www.scottishelises.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=24468

Picked up my S1 Elise at the weekend.

A couple of things I need advice on please ...

Stack unit has condensation in, any easy fix ,

and possible to install an S2 unit maybe ?

I think the condensation issue is quite common.

I get it sometimes, and I also got it in my Westfield - and the gauges in my boat currently suffer from it. I think its to do with them not being adequately sealed and as they're more exposed to the elements than (say) other models. a little moisture is bound to creep in somehow. I believe its to do with the amount of moisture in the air, dew point and the temperature of the glass... or something like that. 

Don't worry about it.

Hi, thanks both, on condensation issue, I think Sunday night was the right weather for it, a 'perfect storm' to create speedo misting , yes,

You're right , no issue really . Tonight after being out all evening it's just fine :-)

I'll check out the door seals , cheers !!

I think the condensation issue is quite common.

I get it sometimes, and I also got it in my Westfield - and the gauges in my boat currently suffer from it. I think its to do with them not being adequately sealed and as they're more exposed to the elements than (say) other models. a little moisture is bound to creep in somehow. I believe its to do with the amount of moisture in the air, dew point and the temperature of the glass... or something like that.

Don't worry about it.

I get it on my helicopter (beats your boat...very SELOC ;0P)

Seriously, I get the misting sometimes if I do not have the roof on??

Re the clips, I just painted mine

Outer seal, Elise-shop do the ones that look like to oe ones, nb the inner ones are no longer available

Thanks Dennis ,

On checking more thoroughly the clips them selves are fine, it's the clip retainers fixed to the

car that need sorting, like you say, maybe a quick

wire brush and paint :-)

Hi Dave C,

Regarding the window seals, the OE replacements are expensive but there are cheaper alternatives - Woolies-trim and Elise-Shop, although I have no experience of either so can't really comment on them. There is a guide on how to change them on Scottish Elises:-

http://www.scottishelises.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=24468

Or here...

http://www.midlandslotus.co.uk/forum/blog/32/entry-128-window-weather-seals-replacement/

• 2 weeks later...

x2 for mambosasa's mod. I've installed this and it's a cost effective way of solving the problem. If you're planning to come to Chatsworth this weekend you can have a butchers at mine.

Hope to catch up on Sunday then :-)

Archived