litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

I Have Bought A New Car!

One or two of you have heard me remark about wanting to own a Lotus Elan, well i have very nearly committed to this beauty. I should perhaps mention that its not yet cleaned to my usual standard but you will be surpised how good a man i know is with polish and a duster...

post-4390-0-96003700-1404160426_thumb.jpg

post-4390-0-92224000-1404160534_thumb.jpg

post-4390-0-29622900-1404160588_thumb.jpg

post-4390-0-16631600-1404160633_thumb.jpg

Like?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blimey - that's what I call a project!!

Think Halfords have a "three for two" offer on at the moment, so no excuses for skimping on the polish (or dusters) laugh.png .

Being serious for a second, if you could trailer that to Chatsworth with a bit of info on it's history your plans for it etc typed up and on the dash top I reckon it would attract huge interest. People love the romance of a barn find.

Any chance?

Think Halfords have a "three for two" offer on at the moment, so no excuses for skimping on the polish (or dusters) laugh.png .

I think he's more likely to be looking at a "nine for six" on that minimum Eric!!

Which model is it Simon - I'm guessing early S4?

Its a 1966 S3 thats been under a tarpaulin since 1976,, matching numbered car and it originally left the factory in white with black interior. I will be going to look at the car on Thursday with cheque book in hand. I will keep you posted on what happens but it will take plenty of polish to get it anywhere near the grey one. If i can get it to Chatsworth, i will.

Great car! There aren't many negatives about being tall, but not being able to fit in an Elan is one of them as I've always wanted one!

I hope it becomes a great project for you :)

Archived