litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Oops.

Alex B

Well it appears the stitching on my soft top has just about given up on life.

Since I've just put my roof on and the rear tension cable just came out through the stitching.

Does anyone have an S1 roof I can borrow will mine is sent off to be re-stitched?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the offers guys. I will find out who's going to be the easiest to collect from and how long the lead times are for getting the roof re done.

Where are you having it fixed Alex. It took a week for my Trimmers to do mine?Regards, Andrew

Where abouts are they based?

Company name/contact details?

Rough price?

Claytons Car Trimmers. They are brothers Albert & Geoff. One does internal trim, the other external but I can never remember which is which! It was a while ago when they did my S2 so I cant remember the price, but you never get ripped off. Rather than re-stitch they put a whole new strip of fabric along the back edge or the hood. Just mention my name and the car & I'm sure they'll remember the price. If you want any help dropping it off & collecting it let me know - we could meet at the next Club Lotus meet at Baslow on the 1st Weds in July or the MLOC bash @ Chatsworth if its not urgent. Regards, Andrew

158  Rutland Road

Sheffield
S3 9PP
  • T: 0114 272 4573

I have a spare red one in Cirencester or in Cheltenham

Bill -pm sent

Cheers Russ, need to get some quotes but was tempted to see if lotus do it. I know CN offer a repair service.

Archived