litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Ecu Question? - Compatibility

Alex B

I'm on the hunt for a remappable ecu system for the Elise, and I've been offered a lumenition k400 re mappable ecu.

Now I've been told it will work with an s1 however will it work with VVC?

Thanks in advance!

Alex

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Just hi jacking... ;-) , but in context :

Have a chance to buy an emerald m3d ecu , for my newly arrived bog std S1 Elise

Is it worth much ( pre 2007 model I believe ) , and worth fitting ?

Any other items needed , or will it just plug in and with some mapping work straight away .. ?

Dave C

The M3DK will be more than adequate once you start adding cams, porting, etc.  If you want live switching, wideband lambda sensor input and adaptive mapping (which needs wideband lambda) you'll need a K3 or K6.

The newer M3DKs can be upgraded to K3 spec by Emerald.  The older ones can't.  A phone call to Emerald with the serial number and they'll be able to let you know.  Obviously a newer one would be worth more, but the older ones are still more than adequate for most engine mods.

You can download the various manuals and software from the Emerald website - have a look and see if you think you can do what they suggest when installing.  They can also supply a standard base map for virtually any variation of K-series (and many other cars), so you should be able to "cut n play" (there will be some wiring mods needed...).  If you need a connector for your K-series loom, I have a spare I bought and then didn't need.

Archived