Midlands Lotus Owners Club (MLOC)

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stig95

Trim And Rattles

8 posts in this topic

Hi all

First off ill start with a confession. I have accidentally pull the trim off the roof bar that attaches above the door which the hood clips on to. What's the best adhesive for sticking it back on. It looks like lotus uses some sort of black adhesive?

Secondly I have a rattle which seems to becoming from over my right shoulder towards the rear wheel, sounds like metal on metal such as someone running a stick along some railings, but it only does this one a certian strech of dual carageway. I've looked from the top but cannot see anything. Any ideas?

I had a rattle that took ages to cure. I thought it was just behind my left ear, so near the window, but passengers said it was behind their left ear, so even further across to the left.

Turned out to be the entire shear panel, under the fuel tank ! I took it off, covered all contact points with 1mm thick self-adhesive dense foam and rattle has gone.

It can be really hard finding where rattles actually come from with these cars !

For the black adhesive, Tiger Seal?

If you ever want to get it out again I wouldn't use tiger seal. Horrible stuff to remove!

Isn't the point that the trim shouldn't come off?

But yeah, grotty stuff, especially when you get it on your fingers!

Charcoal canister makes a rattle behind your right ear.