litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Trim And Rattles

Stig95

Hi all

First off ill start with a confession. I have accidentally pull the trim off the roof bar that attaches above the door which the hood clips on to. What's the best adhesive for sticking it back on. It looks like lotus uses some sort of black adhesive?

Secondly I have a rattle which seems to becoming from over my right shoulder towards the rear wheel, sounds like metal on metal such as someone running a stick along some railings, but it only does this one a certian strech of dual carageway. I've looked from the top but cannot see anything. Any ideas?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a rattle that took ages to cure. I thought it was just behind my left ear, so near the window, but passengers said it was behind their left ear, so even further across to the left.

Turned out to be the entire shear panel, under the fuel tank ! I took it off, covered all contact points with 1mm thick self-adhesive dense foam and rattle has gone.

It can be really hard finding where rattles actually come from with these cars !

Archived