Midlands Lotus Owners Club (MLOC)

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

C1RVY

Steering Wheel Upgrade?

10 posts in this topic

I'm looking to purchase a Sparco 300 steering wheel for my 2008 Exige. My car has an airbag steering wheel & I wonder if there are any issues with such an upgrade?

Alternatively, I would consider getting my existing wheel trimmed in Alcantara - anyone done this, or know of somewhere around Nottm where I could get it done?

As ever, cheers guys.

Momo are very well designed and beautifully built.  It was always the first thing I used to buy for each new car until the airbags came along sad.png.  Yes, ok, Momo do make the current spindly s/w for the Elise but it must be to a Lotus design, so not quite up to Momo's own standards!!

And, hey presto - this is my 500th post clap.gif .

It will save you a chunk of weight I imagine. I also preferred the very slightly larger wheel on Alex B's car - suede, with a longer boss so the wheel is a little closer was perfect for me.

I'm looking to purchase a Sparco 300 steering wheel for my 2008 Exige. My car has an airbag steering wheel & I wonder if there are any issues with such an upgrade?

Alternatively, I would consider getting my existing wheel trimmed in Alcantara - anyone done this, or know of somewhere around Nottm where I could get it done?

As ever, cheers guys.

Your welcome to try mine out at Donny next week.

As Dean said it's slightly larger than standard and an awful lot closer.

Your welcome to try mine out at Donny next week.

As Dean said it's slightly larger than standard and an awful lot closer.

Sounds good, thanks for the offer mate.

I had a momo 300mm from Elise parts on mine, a lotus badge for the horn button and it looked bob on... The perfect size as well I thought....

I had a momo 300mm from Elise parts on mine, a lotus badge for the horn button and it looked bob on... The perfect size as well I thought....

That Momo does look good.

I need to get it sorted soon. It'll be my last upgrade & it's one I'm really looking forward to.

I bought an Oreca which is fantastic and they have a few choices of size and it only cost £99 delivered!

image.jpg