litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Evora Rear Tyre Options ?

P4N Lotus

I know I've mentioned it before, but owners now should have some feedback for mile range on other option tyres ?

Has anyone got any experience on alternatives to the p-zero On the evora? What tyres and what sort of Mileage are you getting out of them?

I'm getting about 7,000 miles out of my rears with the p-zero. Anyone had better range out of different tyres, if so what ?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Theres a good thread over on thelotusforums on evora tyres. Have you seen it?

Here http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/28669-tyres/page-14

I've just replaced my rears with another set of p zeros as the fronts have only done about 2k. Scary how much wear my rears had in 1,000 miles since i bought it. Dont know how many they did in total as done have the receipt from when they were fitted.

Theres a good thread over on thelotusforums on evora tyres. Have you seen it?

Here http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/28669-tyres/page-14

I've just replaced my rears with another set of p zeros as the fronts have only done about 2k. Scary how much wear my rears had in 1,000 miles since i bought it. Dont know how many they did in total as done have the receipt from when they were fitted.

I've read the front pzeros last about 25,000 - I'd say this is true, my front I don't think have been changed they still seem new. Where as the pzero rears have reportedly worn between 5k-10k, I'm getting about 6-7k just from a set of rears, thankfully they have come down significantly since launch, but as s daily drive I just rather some tyres would last over 10k miles

The fronts got replaced on mine at about 22k. From some rough workings it has had new rears on average every 8k.

Had a "lengthy" read of that lotus talk topic on tyres. Having read the mixed comments pros n cons and mixed feelings on the Micheline pilot sport tyres vs the pzeros I am probably swaying to stick with the pzeros even if wear is abit shite on them. One guys comments about grip and tramlining effect with the PSS put me off a little and he also mentioned if felt a little unsettles with the PSS too. Also comment that they are not as comfy/quiet as the pzero. There was people saying the opposite so it's kinda not really helped. However I probably will stick with the pzero.

Question though the pzero on the evor is M0 on front and MO1 on the rears (same tyre as amg slk) , spoke with a garage earlier they said that the M01 has been replaced with the pzero K1 now ? Anyone know anything about this or why if if that's correct ?

I have just bought mo1. I thought the m referred to Mercedes oem tyres. Not sure if they would now go with a k.

MO1 Are jsut the wider protective wall as the rears have that lip on the alloy, but specified for the rear on the evora . And yes the Mo1 is used on the mercys too. Looked on the web I found that the k1 is used on the Ferrari's , the guy at the garaged just said that this was to replace the mo1 variety I'll ask about

Archived