litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Hi All Looking For An Exige S

generaljake

Hi gang, arrived home late last evening ...  surprised at how undamaged I was after 175 miles in a relatively hardcore go kart smile.png .

It never missed a beat, the only negative is that the gear change around 3rd is sometimes hit and miss anyways here she is..excuse the low light and iphone pic

june2014iphonepics663_zpsfbc00f65.jpg

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lovely looking car.

2rd to 3rd gear change.......TADTS!!! I got fed up of reading all the threads about 2nd to 3rd gear on seloc, so ended up just getting on with it and driving the thing!

Mark

Nice looking car.... Well done smile.gif

2nd to 3rd is not great in my Exige froma cold start so I'm changing the oil to Redline MT and having the engine mounts uprated in 2 weeks, I'll let you know if this makes a difference ?

Amazing good looking smile.png You didn't notice this gear issue when you have tested it ? 

The problem when buying a Lotus is differentiating between genuine problems/issues and TADTS! I feel that a test drive, in reality, achieves very little, you are probably only in the car for 15mins or so and unless it's a car type you have owned before and know what to look for it's hard to find faults that only really manifest themselves when you are on your own in the car and have driven it for a couple of hours.

My car, as discussed above, is also not good when changing from 2nd to 3rd, I did spot this on the test drive but only the night before I had read a Autocar review which had discussed issues on their test car with 2nd to 3rd gear change so rightly or wrongly so, I had it in my head that they all suffered from it so went ahead and bought it anyway!

Mark

The problem when buying a Lotus is differentiating between genuine problems/issues and TADTS! I feel that a test drive, in reality, achieves very little, you are probably only in the car for 15mins or so and unless it's a car type you have owned before and know what to look for it's hard to find faults that only really manifest themselves when you are on your own in the car and have driven it for a couple of hours.

My car, as discussed above, is also not good when changing from 2nd to 3rd, I did spot this on the test drive but only the night before I had read a Autocar review which had discussed issues on their test car with 2nd to 3rd gear change so rightly or wrongly so, I had it in my head that they all suffered from it so went ahead and bought it anyway!

Mark

I was thinking how to answer this but I don't need to.. Meister you da man!

I think the gear change is probably 50% me 50% the usual ..I have the engine mount helpers going in soon so see if this helps a little plus I need to get out and about a bit more to get used to it.

...everything is fixable blink.png

Nice looking car.... Well done smile.gif

2nd to 3rd is not great in my Exige froma cold start so I'm changing the oil to Redline MT and having the engine mounts uprated in 2 weeks, I'll let you know if this makes a difference ?

I was thinking how to answer this but I don't need to.. Meister you da man!

I think the gear change is probably 50% me 50% the usual ..I have the engine mount helpers going in soon so see if this helps a little plus I need to get out and about a bit more to get used to it.

...everything is fixable blink.png

Gents

Please make sure you post up the results of the engine mount mods and oil change, as I will get this done if it makes a positive difference to the gear change. The only reason I have not had the mounts done is that I read somewhere a couple of people had complained of excessive vibration at tick over.

Mark

Engine mounts are a great mod mark, more accurate gear change but more importantly you lose the engine rock. I bought the eliseshop mounts which are slightly softer. You do get a small amount of extra vibration but not too significant. Highly recommended especially if you track it.

Engine mounts are a great mod mark, more accurate gear change but more importantly you lose the engine rock. I bought the eliseshop mounts which are slightly softer. You do get a small amount of extra vibration but not too significant. Highly recommended especially if you track it.

Thanks G - I think I'll end up getting this done especially if you feel the vibration is not too bad from the Eliseshop ones.

Archived