litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

I Fear The Worst

DeanB

Well Gav did the compression test which was fine. Two of the plugs were a little worn and blackened so all four have been replaced. The oil breathers weren't blocked. It had lost about 2-300 ml of oil as a guess during it's little episode but seems fine again now - no smoke, no mil, runs clean - although for how long is anybody's guess.

Looks like she will be at Cadwell after all (following Martin's advice!)

A mystery really.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dean, it has reminded me of an episode with stripey. I was slowing down for a RAB in Redditch, there was the most enormous cloud from the rear of what appeared to be White smoke. I thought it had exploded.

It never happened again and did another about 15K and trackdays before i finally did for it at Zolder or rather the oil consumption became expensive.

Im sure it will be ok and if not you will have found the problem :)

Dean, it has reminded me of an episode with stripey. I was slowing down for a RAB in Redditch, there was the most enormous cloud from the rear of what appeared to be White smoke. I thought it had exploded.

It never happened again and did another about 15K and trackdays before i finally did for it at Zolder or rather the oil consumption became expensive.

Im sure it will be ok and if not you will have found the problem :)

Martin that's exactly what happened, although there were three clouds in quite quick succession. Peculiar.

Keith bring your skid lid tomorrow if you fancy a passenger lap or two.

I had this at a set of lights once - I must have looked like Mr Bean ... then about a month later it leaked on the drive when not even running - HGF OSF of the block just below the exhaust - quite a common place - no leaks internally - was a good excuse to put a Honda in!

I was hoping to meet up with you guys at Cadwell (last minute dot com booking) but the wet/damp weather is putting me off - plus I've a busy schedule - Wedding on Friday (not mine before you start), TT at the weekend and next week, and my Nitrons still haven't turned up - 46 bodies on back order :(

Dean - finger crossed all is well for you tomorrow, but as Martin says, if not at least you have found the problem.

I had this at a set of lights once - I must have looked like Mr Bean ... then about a month later it leaked on the drive when not even running - HGF OSF of the block just below the exhaust - quite a common place - no leaks internally - was a good excuse to put a Honda in!

I was hoping to meet up with you guys at Cadwell (last minute dot com booking) but the wet/damp weather is putting me off - plus I've a busy schedule - Wedding on Friday (not mine before you start), TT at the weekend and next week, and my Nitrons still haven't turned up - 46 bodies on back order sad.png

Dean - finger crossed all is well for you tomorrow, but as Martin says, if not at least you have found the problem.

That is a brilliant call. I noticed when i took my engine out oil had been leaking slightly from the head gasket at the rear down the back of the engine. I never put the 2 together? Dean get the back of the engine checked for oil weepage smile.png

Gav had a good poke round it on Tuesday and I would be surprised if he missed any leakage. And it did 170 miles including a wet track day without any more probs. It hasn't used any oil.

Keith bring your skid lid tomorrow if you fancy a passenger lap or two.

You never told me to wear a helmet when you took me for a drive in mine ;-)

....... or an extra pair of pants

Archived