litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Time To Step Back

JonS

I am sure a lot of you are aware of my recent unfortunate events that has led to me loosing the Bug after almost 7 years of fun, frolics and frankly more bills than I dare admit! So now that my hand has been forced and I have moved to something different for a while, I feel I should probably rein in my involvement with MLOC. Even though my fellow Directors have all said they are happy for me to continue, I feel it is time to let other members step up to the plate and have their turn.

So, it is with a very heavy heart that I have to say that I will be stepping down from being an MLOC Director as of next month's AGM.
I have had a great deal of enjoyment from this club - from being a newbie to Director! I found it a really nice complement when Mark out of the blue asked me to become a Moderator some 5 or 6 years ago, and from then to now being part of MLOC the Limited Company is fabulous. Working with the other guys this year has been both rewarding and educational!

I have met a huge number of great, like-minded people, and made some true, life-long friends! I am by no means 'leaving' but I just wanted to take the opportunity to thank every MLOC member for supporting the club and making it the friendly, educational, and enjoyable place to be that it is. Long may it continue!

Thanks for the memories!

J. :)

gallery_1516_181_190920.jpg

NB As an additional note, in the next few days we will be calling for any members wishing to put themselves forward to become a Director for the next 12 months.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow,

Don't feel like its right that I am the first to post in this thread with my lack of involvement over the years, but I would like to say that its no small commitment being a responsible member in a club. I spent best part of 4 years running one and realized that if you can't offer the commitment, its not fair on the people that are relying on you to do a job. That's when the wheels start falling off (excuse the punn). However, the most important thing is to recognize this and give somebody else the opportunity to take the helm with enthusiasm. 6 years is a long time and although I am just starting to find my feet on this forum again after years of absence, I am sure you have done a sterling job in your time ;)

Well Don JonS

Sad news Jon. You have given a great deal to this club and will be difficult to replace. Thank you from me, not least for your ongoing help with the MSA accreditation and Chatsworth.

Keep hanging around wont you Jonbye1.gif

They are a really good bunch of people on here. Many of them good freinds.

Next time your up Brum way, you are more than welcome to pop over and take lizzy out for a blast. At least thats once i have got her lumpy running sorted.

Greg & Ali

Some great memories of the meets you organised over the years. That photshoot in particular was no small task for all involved, and the Supercar Sunday display that you organised along with Laura also springs to mind.

You're always welcome to pop in next time you're passing on the way back to Kiddy, and I'm yet to see that new BM of yours so that gives you a good excuse :)

Thank you for the memories Jon! You have been an asset to MLOC in every way. Remember when I first met you at the aerial photo shoot, shared so many great memories of runs into Wales, helping you fit pads on your elise, Charlie's christening, Laura and my wedding, I could go on and on.

You are a true gent and a know you will hang around, Cause you were bitten by the bug!

G

I know I don't post quite as frequently as I used to at the mo due to a little 12lb asset to our family needing his fair share of attention (and also demonstrated by the fact that I could not log on because I was getting my (3rd) user name wrong lol) but you are one of the members that made MLOC what I became addicted to 7 years ago!

Far too many great memories, runs, helicoptor photoshoots and meets to list and I know they wont be the last. Always welcome at our house - and in our garage until you get yourself back into Lotus ownership.

Don't be a stranger Bitten By The Bug :)

That's all very nice of you folk. :)

Don't forget there's still a good bunch of guys still running the behind the scenes things, and it'd be great to have a couple more on board too. From my personal experience, you really do get out what you put in, and I have thoroughly enjoyed every part of it.

Sorry to read this Jon, but at the same time fully understandable considering what's gone on the last few months.

Thanks for all you've done for MLOC over the years....and please don't be a stranger around here! smile.gif

Once Lotus, always Lotus. You'll be back drive1.gif

Well done for so much work over the years. Much of it is invisible to many people but without it things just don't happen.

Chris, Sonya, Jessica and Oliver.

Very sorry to read this Jon, although I understand why you feel the need to step back. I had to "give up" my Lotus for a while a few years ago and I found it almost impossible to log in and read what members were doing with their cars via Mloc. That said everything happens for a reason and I'm sure you will return to the fold in the future.

I have to say that your passion and enthusiasm for Mloc has been outstanding and your "stepping back" will be a huge loss for all those who have benefited from your efforts in the past.

On a personal level I'd like to thank you for all your help last year with the Wales run, for an I.T. illiterate like myself I couldn't have done it without your unending patience.

Don't be a stranger, and hurry back in a Lotus as soon as you can.

Jon

Archived