Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Exige, Europa And A Hexcopter

biggles uk

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good vid,

I know Scott sharman is playing with these too, maybe I'll drop him a line, with his mloc links....-although as he's doing really well with his photography business I'm sure he will be wedding bound on chatsworth day !

How easy are the copters to control ??

How easy are the copters to control ??

It depends on the platform and the sophistication of it's "autopilot" control system - and the conditions that it's being flown in. Even the good ones are not idiot proof and require a degree of experience (and a healthy dose of common sense) to minimise the risk of mishap or accident.

Take a look at DJI for some of the better commercial options...

www.dji.com

In answer to your questions. They can be quite difficult to get used to flying them but really you just have to do a lot of practice and eventually it justs clicks, bit like driving a car. As for the type of hexcopter, I have 2 of them, one is a 650mm one which weighs 3.5kg which I can fly in winds up to 25mph and the other is a 800mm and weighs 6.5kg and I can fly that in anything up to 17mph winds.

You can't actually buy them because I build my own copters and gimbals. this is the build blog for the big one, and this is all our other equipment

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice - and a must for Chatsworth - a video in the style of the showreel in your link above would be a brilliant way to promote the event for next year. Which reminds me, I still need to sign up for this year and choose my breakfast :)

Dean - get this man a free breakfast!

Archived