litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Garage For Medium \ Long Term Storage.

nordberg

Hi there,

I would just like to put this out there and do not want this to look like I am treading on the toes of Dr H who has put a post on for a short term loan of garage space.

I own a classic mini 1275GT which has been used as a daily driver during the last 2 summers. I have recently gotten the Elise on the road and this will now be used instead. I have shoe horned the mini into a small space on our drive way and its now sitting there under a car cover which

1, looks unsightly and

2, gets in the way

This leads me to thinking unnecessary thoughts like "shall i sell it?"... when I know in my heart of hearts this can never happen sleep.png. I guess what I need is an "Out Of Sight, Out Of Mind" kind of solution.

So my question is (if it's not already obvious), does anybody have space in a dry storage environment that I could rent for 6 months or a year where i have the piece of mind that it is going to be safe? The sort of thing I am thinking is that somebody has the space, knows its not going to be used for this period of time, and would rather have a bit of money up front to store it. I don't want this to come over the wrong way but I guess i have to say it, I would not be looking to pay the going rate for garage rental as it would just be storage. The car is pretty much Tax, Tested and Insured for the year so if for some reason it needed to be moved it wouldn't be an issue.

I won't hold my breath but thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. happy.png

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes that's what kicked it off again. That and the Bourne film.

Looking at the cost of some of the cars it's ridiculous. Was thinking I could get a minter for £5k but some are £30k

MK1, 2 & 3's are always going to be pricey. I had a Mk2 CooperS before the GT. The GT was a part exchange deal and i wouldn't have bothered if it weren't such an early example (1972). You could pick a reasonable GT up for around 5k and would say that it would probably be quite a good investment as the earlier sports models are, as you say going for silly money. This will inevitably push up the prices.

Going to have to wait till we sell the Abarth before thinking of bringing another car in. Spent far too much recently on the house and Fionas new car.

Nice to have an old but sound mini in the fleet.

Hello! bye1.gif - long time no see!

Unless Steve feels it would be too tight a fit we could probably shoehorn it in our barn with no issues.

Sounds promising :-) .Will pm you tomorrow with my contact details and we can discuss in more detail :-) Happy to leave it a while longer though if you need to find out if Leigh needs it?

20130317_080814_zps417916c0.jpg" alt="20130317_080814_zps417916c0.jpg">

Hello! bye1.gif - long time no see!

Unless Steve feels it would be too tight a fit we could probably shoehorn it in our barn with no issues.

Hi Fionatongue.gif . It has been a long time unsure.gif . Nice to see there are still the hardcore MLOC old timers here. Just like I have never been away unsure.png

Would just like to add that after a conversation with Steve last night , the mini will soon be re located and have an S1 Exige for company. Thanks Steve :-) .

I took the opportunity after leaving work early to re fit the period Marchal spotlights and gave her a clean before I say goodbye in the next couple of weeks. :-( .

I know it's for the best!....

20140516_190229_zpsvocprhop.jpg

Archived