litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

More Air ?

chumaxa

Hi everybody !!! I am completely new here, I use to read Seloc, but I am actually from the midland ! So, I have just got a 2004 Exige n/a, and I was watching the induction system on eliseparts or other websites. Does it worth to install this ? More torque really ? I have already a stage 2 exhaust, so the sound is not my priority, but if the engine can sound better as well why not !! Thank you !

(PS I am reading a lot about this on forums, but a personnal subject is always more interesting ! )

Xavier.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest without other mods it will not give you much really. But I will change the engine sound.

^^^^ right there. Full exhaust system, induction and remap or move the cam switch over lower. Decat will make your car more responsive. My old setup and the better one I used with my original engine was 2bular 421 manifold, decat & GT3 exhaust, ITG Maxogen induction and EA map. Did it give more power and torque....little bit but the close ratio box is where it's at IMO. Next change cams :-)

598b2e1a-728e-4ffe-a452-5ae417034a90_zps

http://vimeo.com/27021163

Ok to be honest I do not really understand this graphic representation of your torque, but do you think it does worth to change the filter ? I mean anyway, 80 pounds, that is not a big amount of money, so why not doing it ..

It'll sound better but nothing more. Me I'd do it, one mod leads to another, before you know it you'll have something similar to that above, a decat will certainly add to the drivability @ £80 ish also and a DIY fit. Usually I'd say you will have no noise issues on track but having a stage 2 exhaust fitted I imagine its already quite loud, it won't increase it anyway. Worth doing both at the same time for little or no money. Look into lowering the cam change, all in all less than a £monkey£, job done.

However, I assume you are looking to increase the midrange, Piper Stage 2 cams, new springs, retainers and a remap is the only way to fill that gap.

Archived