litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

djb222

The rear engine cover is very flimsy is this normal?

It also has the air con option.

As in it wobbles about? Yes normal. Air con is a good description of its working capacity normally. Im in Brum PM me a number to give you a ring :-)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As has been stated in various posts above its pretty much down to personal preference and budget. Personally I prefer the look of the S1 over the newer models with the curvy lines. Although I have owned my S1 for some years I am not up to speed with the other more modern variations. I have had a second engine in my S1, but this has had the head gasket changed for the later type (but it sounds like you are familiar with this issue). I have learned very recently about the extra weight of the Toyota unit and this has made me realise that the early cars with the K Series engines are not half bad if your not a power freak that will want to start squeezing more than 160bhp out of the unit. They are more than adequate, and yet to hear anybody say that they don't enjoy driving an Elise if they have the option of a second car when the weather is less than pleasant.

Well, I've gone and done it, I've bought a Lotus.

It's not what I initially set out to buy, but my love of the classics swayed me. The car is a 1968 Elan S4 DHC. That 1558cc twin cam engine is a sweet thing.

Well, I've gone and done it, I've bought a Lotus.

It's not what I initially set out to buy, but my love of the classics swayed me. The car is a 1968 Elan S4 DHC. That 1558cc twin cam engine is a sweet thing.

Excellent. We hope you love every minute of ownership. cool.gif

Elaine&Rich. :)

Thanks everyone,

It's being delivered next Thursday, so I'll post some pics then, with a more detailed description.

David

Thanks everyone,

It's being delivered next Thursday, so I'll post some pics then, with a more detailed description.

David

David

I wouldn't mind popping round to have a look at that when you have a free moment!

Mark

David

I wouldn't mind popping round to have a look at that when you have a free moment!

Mark

You're more than welcome mark, give me a call and we'll arrange a time.

David

Nice choice:D

Would love to have a nosey around it when you pick her up.

Did you get her from Paul Matty's?

Yes I did. That guy is so knowledgeable about all things Lotus.

PM me and we'llarrange something.

Hi,

My Yellow Elan S4 SE was delivered yesterday, followed by the heavens opening up.

The car has a spyder chassis probably fitted when the car was off the road for 6 years between 1988 and 1994. The gearbox was rebuilt in 2005. Although the car has covered 110K miles it's done around 8,000 in the last 20 years.

I'll be making a list of jobs "To Do" over the weekend.

Between the downpours I managed to take a few pic's, here they are…….

post-5289-0-17858900-1400850270_thumb.jpg

post-5289-0-16925400-1400850345_thumb.jpg

post-5289-0-18697000-1400850372_thumb.jpg

post-5289-0-28794500-1400850416_thumb.jpg

post-5289-0-87785600-1400850445_thumb.jpg

David

Archived