litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Buying My First Exige S

bp1000

Cheers i will check the classifieds

Silly question maybe but can i get my 5 year old in on a booster seat with the harnesses. Sure i can find a booster seat to fit the shoulder design but does the harness pass as safe and usable with a booster seat?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have seats with harness holes and harnesses in my S2 Elise. I removed the passenger one and put a seat belt back in to take my 6 (now 7) yer old son out in it. I think a 5 year old's shoulders are too narrow for the harness to work properly. I have seen small kids in harnesses but I'm not prepared to risk it personally.

Is there any from within the community for sale that anyone knows of? Perhaps even the wider network of lotus members from around the country?

A car with a bit of documented history would be preferable.

cheers

I have a 2010 60 Exige S 240 in Carbon Grey with full touring pack, performance pack, air-con and anthracite leather. I've owned it from 400 miles, its has full Lotus service history, 9,000 miles and the car is totally standard, I've owned the car for nearly three years, bar servicing and tyres it has been no trouble at all, pm me if its of interest..

Say whaaaaaaaaat ???????

Is the Scura calling you Mr Gregory??? Or has the exige had its eviction notice from its centrally heated garage....:-)

Say whaaaaaaaaat ???????

Is the Scura calling you Mr Gregory??? Or has the exige had its eviction notice from its centrally heated garage....:-)

Ahhh Mr Scattergood, I just could not use a Scura unless i armed jeeves with a shotgun, you know what bird s%@t does to that paint? anyway i'd just park a Scura next to the desk in the office and on the odd occasion stoke it while wearing white cotton gloves : )

Simon,

what are you doing??????????

or have you got a V6 lined up?

I'm hoping you offer me yours in a few years sir! I'm not really trying to sell it but i have owned it for three years, if someone wanted to offer me the money i'd take it. Not sure what i'd have to replace it but now is a good time to sell!

Hi Ben,

Welcome to MLOC.

I've had my Exige S 240 PP from new for just over three years and loved every one of the 12000 miles. But but but, I only use it for "serious fun" at weekends doing huge road trips over to Wales or other suitably distant bits of the UK. I've re-worked the shape of the seat back-rests so that they offer perfect lumbar support (modelled on Recaros), so that several hundred miles in a day is no problem at all.

As a daily driver though, hmmm, I'm not really convinced that the Exige is your baby. A much better bet (in my very humble but honest opinion) would be a late model supercharged Elise, assuming you want similar accelerative performance to the Exige S. I owned an Elise SC before this particular Exige and still miss it :-((. It came with an awesome little integrated supercharger and was bonkers quick in a straight line thanks to carrying less lard than the Exige.

Yes, in 240 form, the Exige definitely has the advantage thanks to that extra grunt, more corner grip, better traction out of corners, and those massive AP Racing brakes, but as a daily driver, I'd go for the Elise any day.

Lotus Silverstone have a couple of Elise RGBs in stock, and these were the run-out model for the Toyota 2ZZ-engined Elise before emissions regs prevented its use beyond the end of 2010. They were basically the Elise SC with factory added goodies such as Sport Pack complete with forged alloys and sports seats. I think they may also have a front mounted oil cooler.

Have a word with Aimee (Mitchell) at Silverstone if you're interested in taking one out for a test drive. I'm sure you'll be very pleasantly surprised.

Cheers,

Eric

PS I've just bought an Elise 1.6 to use as my daily driver. It'll be the perfect way to start every day!!!

Eric what a well argued and sensible post. I couldn't agree more.

However...

When you post that next to your avatar....and a picture of your Exige....I dunno about anyone else but all I am hearing is "WANT RED EXIGE WANT RED EXIGE..."

:-)

However...

When you post that next to your avatar....and a picture of your Exige....I dunno about anyone else but all I am hearing is "WANT RED EXIGE WANT RED EXIGE..."

Dean,

think Eric is right Exige for the weekend fun car and Elise for the daily drive, our Elise (SC) does make for a large grin going through Nottingham every day

However...

Cheers Dean.

Ardent Red Exiges, and especially the S 240 are very rare, so this one is for keeps. By the way (and sorry to cause more "want one" pains), here is the original shot for my Avatar (taken in deepest Wales, of course)....

gallery_1838_844_123880.jpg

Archived