Midlands Lotus Owners Club (MLOC)

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

P4N Lotus

V6 - V8 Owner Question?

3 posts in this topic

Does/Has owning a V6/V8 changed your driving style? When I owned any 4 cylinder and particularly the elise I tended to blast it around every second, but since getting a v6 I tend be more relaxed as the torque is there when you need it, just love the sound of a v6. Anyone experienced this also?

Never had a V8 engine, but we're exactly the same in Esprits. We tended to drive very whizzy in the Exige & VX220 compared to how gracefully we drove/drive the Esprits.

And even with the Land Rover & Jimny. The Jimny revs very high, so tends to get thrashed and thrown around. It's RWD & mud tyres makes it behave like a yob that likes to screech around roundabouts and bends.... Well, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! blush.gifbiggrin.pngwink.png

From graceful, to hooligan, in seconds. That's the motto of our S4s! punk.gif
E&R. biggrin.png

Yep often change gear 1-3-5 in my SC V6 S4 chilling really low down in the range and hardly ever take it to the max. My NA V8's on the other hand RS4, M3 & ISF required I get a buzz at least once a day..... The ISF was awesome.