Midlands Lotus Owners Club (MLOC)

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

P4N Lotus

Lotus Evora Powerfold Mirrors Upgrade

8 posts in this topic

Thanks to those who told me about how to upgrade my Evora to have powerfolding mirrors....much appreciated it was one thing I really wanted for my car and now it has it.

Took 5mins max, cost £10 works - best upgrade and cheapest upgrade I ever did...anyone can do it

Thanks to those who told me about how to upgrade my Evora to have powerfolding mirrors....much appreciated it was one thing I really wanted for my car and now it has it.

Took 5mins max, cost £10 works - best upgrade and cheapest upgrade I ever did...anyone can do it

You are very welcome. Glad it worked out for you.

Genuine "lotus" part which I removed when I upgraded to the ford mondeo power fold mirror switch . The only difference is the powerfold switch has an 8th pin post-3948-0-23359300-1398504650_thumb.jpg

good news::eatarrow: just ordered the part off ebay for £10

It's really easy to do yourself , just make sure you have a towel under where your leverage the switch out so not to mark the leather. Use a fine edge flat head screw driver , you will see where to prize up to release to clip from the replacement part, it pops out easily once the release clip is in. It's just a little awkward to pull out its housing as you have to kinda twist rotate it at an angel to pull out the socket. You then just have to release the wiring clip, and it pulls out dead easy, slot in the new one plug in and rehouse it.

5min Job max