litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

New Seats - Completed

P4N Lotus

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's on the limits I guess, shoulder pads are from the mini, can be without or not, but it think it pulls it all together as a British racing theme with subtleness of the exterior. I'm not a fan of the UJs on the exige spoiler ends, but some people like those. Each to their own

There was Damage leg and arm bolster drivers side and the cushion part was tearing and passenger side leather had blemishes. The standard recaro seats seem to use a lower grade leather which damages really easily. Also I had a bit more cushioning put in the seat to give it a more luxury feel. The guys were saying lots of ford focus and clio rs owners who have the same seat also have complained of the same issue with leather. It's flagged up in the lotus tech wiki page too as inherent problem.

I remember the early demonstrator cars showing wear, particularly on the outer edge of the driver's seat, within a few weeks of delivery.

Low cost leather does not help (compare to Excels and Esprits of 20 years ago).

Looks like a great improvement on your car. Well done.

seats look lovely, nice job, a definite luxury look

uj's I'm afraid look cheap and a bit Nigel Farage to me...sorry

car is growing on me style wise too, always thought back was a bit wide, but I'm liking it more as time goes on

richbk

Yeh everything is upgraded, better leather, additional padding and side bolsters have been built up so are stronger too. Feels warmer too, kinda cosy. Plus it was too dark in the cabin with the all black, the white lifts it slightly and reflects the light. Very pleased with the end result feels more like a sport Grand tourer now. Auto trim only in Leicester so are ideal for those local. They produce products for motorsport and f1 teams, yachts manufacturers, official recaro reseller check them out if you considering it Darren is one of the directors he showed me around the workshop prior to booking and I was impressed with what I saw. The car is now completely my dream car - well a bit more BHP never goes a miss. But I duno if you feel the same Chris but when you drive the evora you don't feel the need to blast it around all the time like you would in elise? Its just great to hear that v6 and know the power is there.

Its just great to hear that v6 and know the power is there.

This is the bit that is top of my list at the moment. Would be really keen to hear yours at some point. Have you just got a sport backbox fitted, or have you also gone down the decat or induction route?

I'm currently thinking about a radium cai as not sure i can stretch to a full sports exhaust at the moment (mrs L is still recovering from the initial layout, and i haven't yet mentioned the impending £900 on a year 4 service!)

But I duno if you feel the same Chris but when you drive the evora you don't feel the need to blast it around all the time like you would in elise?

I think im still in the initial period that i want to feel that shove in the back every time i drive it. Its certainly a lot quicker than my 120 bhp elise was :-)

Give Ian a call at lotus stratstone they are still doing a two year service plan excellent value for money lots of mloc owners have taken them up. You will pay less than half of that cost. Some users have reported radium decreases performance in the seloc tech wiki. Also it can mess up the mil from what I read. Just rear exhaust on mine not full system. Did you hear the audio on the videos I posted recently.

Archived