litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Fitting K Series Stainless Exhaust, Now P1038 Error.

un1eash

Early then expected but my Janspeed roadsport exhaust for my S2 111S has been delivered today already, I only ordered it Tuesday. Being impatient I plan to fit it tonight as soon as I get home. Will I need to pick up a new gasket and bolts on my way home? I cant remember if the standard exhaust has nuts and bolts or if the bolts are pressed into the end of the stock exhaust.

Thanks

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I gave up trying to remove mine and took the exhaust off in one go - fitted a full 2bular and a new engine ...

The ones between Cat and Back box are the worst and will probably beat you unless they have been disturbed recently.

I would suggest a can of plusgas or some other release agent (not WD40) and give the nuts a good soaking and leave over night as the bare minimum, if they look rusted, get some metric and imperial hex sockets ready too - other wise they will round off and you will be chopping the buggers off! I soaked mine for a week - and gave up.

I also tried to undo the bolts once the exhaust was off - was bored - no chance. But mine had never been touched from new.

Normal 3 bolt hole Rover exhaust joint gasket from most motor factors - something off say a 218 or mgf.

Popped out on my lunch and picked up 3x M10 nuts,bolts and washers and also a new gasket which was listed as for a Rover 620/MGF.

Will let you know how I get on with it tonight, if I admit defeat i'll have to pop down to my mates garage on the weekend.

Well I swapped mine on my s1 at my mates garage using his 2 poster.

The other one (I borrowed while mine was being fixed) had only been on for a few months and already had stainless bolts etc.

Despite the above it still took me 3 hours to fit to my satisfaction (pipes coming out of the middle of the opening etc)

Good luck.

Well that was a pain in the back side. Trying to do it in my garage with limited space may not of been the best idea.

In the end I got fed up and just cut the old backbox off then used the grinder to grind the studs out without damaging th cat side flange, also cut the backbox strap that joins to the cat as that bolt was seized also.

New exhaust is on though and all lined up, as its late haven't had chance to hear it and test for leaks but will do that tomorrow before replacing the defuser.

Eeee - I remember starting my beast with a temporary exhaust (Aprilia end can - ahem) botched on the end of a make shift manifold end held together with will power and a balancing act - I was chuffed to bits to hear the new Honda motor running - gave it a rev or two - let it warmed up and floored it - it all went wrong around about here - throttle jammed open for short spell, end can shot of the back and I got attacked by flame and had to cover my ears - GF was out like a shot - I couldn't hear her kicking off due to all the noise! Neighbour heard the commotion on the way back from the pub!

Might be best to leave it until morning :/

So I've finally taken the elise out for a road test and I'm getting a mil light and error p1308 which is o2 sensor voltage to high on the post cat.

Do I need to do a ecu disconnect to reset? Pre cat readings are fine.

Archived