litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Hanger 111 K Series Supercharger Kit?

Stig95

Just been looking at future upgrades in terms of the vvc k series lump that's in the back of my s2 111s and thought I was probably restricted to the dva 190 upgrade kit.

However I've just seen that hanger 111 do a 230bhp -260bhp supercharger kit for the k series. Anyone have any experience or driven a supercharged K? I know a v tech is probably the way to go in order to get those power figures (but possibly twice the price) but it seems like a nice alternative and you can re use some of your upgrades such as the exhaust and the vvc head?

Sorry for te spelling using my phone!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

S2 k series will have 160 pistons in which are pretty strong but not sure if the compression ratios are right for the 111 k series SC setup?

i believe these kits used to be the Turbo Technics SC kit

I ran a turbotechnics supercharger on my car, it was a full conversion with the low comp pistons and shorter rods, for the little bit of time it worked until the supercharger pooped itself it was good fun, I bolted a straight through backbox directly onto the manifold so no cat of any real silencing and it was very loud, but sounded amazing, imagine a throttle bodied k series sound turned up to 10, sounded really aggressive.

But in the end I wanted more reliability and more torque/power so I removed the supercharger and fitted a turbo.

If I was after 210bhp from a k series and I was limited on budget I would look out for a second hand supercharger kit

Archived