litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Confusion Continues...

Alex B

My S1 elise has had a VVC 160 trophy engine put in to it by the previous owner a company called VTR did the transplant for him.
Now i've been a little bit confused as to whether it is a EU2 143BHP engine or and EU3/Trophy engine.
it has come slightly conflicting parts on it.

EU2 bits:
coil packs in front of the engine.

Eu3 bits:
later inlet
52mm throttle body
160 pistons can see the 160 marking on the crown.

now i'm use sure which ECU it is running as i'm struggling to find out ECU numbers.

now if it has an EU2 ecu attached to it would this cause any running issues?
as the car feels somewhat boggy/hesitant low down in the rev ranges (sub 3k rpm)

unlinked issue, i have a top end rattle which seems to disappear when high up the rev range, could this be a fault VVC mech?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the EU2 ecu has a different plug configeration on it to a EU3 ecu. Its why you have to buy a link lead if you fit and Emerald to a EU3 ecu. IIRC the EU2 has one big plug and the EU3 has a big plug and a small one next to it. Maybe an S1 VVC owner can confim?

A little bit of research and I think I've answered some of my. The car is running an eu2 ecu and loom as well as eu2 style coil pack setup. This seems to be a common way of fitting a eu3 VVC into an eu2 s1 car.

It seem that in order to get the most out if the car ie a suitable map for the higher compression pistons n bigger inlet i would need to run an after market ecu. Again another popular solution from seloc

A little bit of research and I think I've answered some of my. The car is running an eu2 ecu and loom as well as eu2 style coil pack setup. This seems to be a common way of fitting a eu3 VVC into an eu2 s1 car.It seem that in order to get the most out if the car ie a suitable map for the higher compression pistons n bigger inlet i would need to run an after market ecu. Again another popular solution from seloc

Sounds a bit complicated! Hope you sort things out and the rattle is not too much of a problem. Nice looking car tho :-)

Just checked in the garage, thought I had a spare but alas I don't.

Try junks on SELOC or a post begging for one.

Haha, i caved and brought one from Unipart.

all fitted sounds loads healthier now however car is still in bits.

Archived