litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Exige S Tyres ?

@ndy

I'm going to need some rear tyres for the Exige in the next month or so and looking at putting on some AD08's. Car is mainly used on the road with maybe 2 or 3 track days a year.

Anyone running AD08's on an Exige S and how do they compare to the A048's ?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had ad08s when I had my exige, they are a great tyre. not as sticky as the a048, but last longer and are pretty decent in the wet....

I had to run 205 on the front though as they don't ( or didn't) do a 195. Not that it made any difference to me anyway....

Overall a great tyre. In my opinion...

i run r888 after moving from a048;s and find them more progressive on track, not so on/off, and for my ability i haven't broken traction on the rears yet.

on the road they are better in the wet than ao48's, but still not what id call all weather!

i got a new rear recently from my tyres.co.uk due to a puncture and they were very well priced

hth

richbk

i run r888 after moving from a048;s and find them more progressive on track, not so on/off, and for my ability i haven't broken traction on the rears yet.

on the road they are better in the wet than ao48's, but still not what id call all weather!

i got a new rear recently from my tyres.co.uk due to a puncture and they were very well priced

hth

richbk

Cheers Rich....... Got to make my mind up soon, Tyres are getting close to wear markers !

Archived