litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

New Rattle, Lucky Find !

@ndy

The wife reported a new rattle on the Exige on Wednesday and she even stopped driving it as it sounded that bad !

So I finally got time to take it for a quick spin today and there was definitely a new metallic rattle from the engine bay (not the engine) which was worse when coming on and off the throttle ?

Opened the engine cover and had a good look around and got my hand down as far as I could get without getting stuck with nothing obvious found so I thought I'm going to have to go from below, great !!

Got the car on the ramps and thought I would pop out the NACA ducts and see what I could get to rather than drop the under trays and to my surprise I found the front lower engine mount bolt 3/4 the way out and the nut missing from the other side, After a quick search in the garage I found a suitable new bolt and 15 mins later I was test driving it and happy to report all sorted.

I cant help thinking what other damage would have occurred if the bolt had come completely out and the wife kept driving it without reporting it......

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived