litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

'prom' Assistance - Dudley Area

SMP

All,

Can anyone offer some assistance if at all possible ?

I promised last year to take a friends daughter to her end of school prom in my Elise - on the understanding that I would be booking other events etc and if I was clear to take her I would do so.

She has this afternoon let me finally have the date of the prom and sods law it clashes with the first night (Thursday 3 July) of the British Grand Prix at Silverstone which I ordered tickets for 3 weeks ago . . . . . . .

If it wasn't for the fact I've got Kaiser Chief tickets booked that night, I could have taken her and then run down to Silverstone but timings won't allow it.

Is there anyone in the local area who could step in on my behalf and run a 16 year old petrol head from Stourbridge area to the Village Hotel (Burnt Tree Island area) of Dudley on Thursday 3 July - I'm guessing around 19.00 or so ?

The louder the exhaust and car colour the better !!

If anyone can help, it would be very appreciated and really make her night - she doesn't want anything as ordinary as a limo ;-)

I've agreed with her parents I'll ask on her and they're checking alternative thoughts but I know we're such a friendly bunch here . . . . .

Thanks in advance,

Simon

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit to far from me simon sorry, but I'm sure someone will step in to help.

Johnathan e is fairly close and if he does it the other prom goers will think chris Evans is dropping her off :)

I have done a couple of prom evenings for local school kids who's parents I know it really makes their. Night to arrive in a "proper sports car, roof off and exhaust popping .

Come on someone give simon a hand, failing that I can take those silver stone tickets off your hands :)

Richbk

Simon,

I'm around and I don't mind helping out, I'm local but the Europa is not exactly a loud colour. Martin takes some beating with the colour and Dans is very bloody loud !

Archived