litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

New S1 Sport 160

Daveb99

I'm new here, so a big hello from near Nuneaton!

Looking forward to meeting some of you, and I'm definitely up for the Chatsworth meet - looks brilliant.

I've had two S1 Elises over a decade ago, and recently decided it was time to get back into it, and after much deliberation (and a mammoth garage clear out) picked up my Sport 160 at the weekend, and I'm rather chuffed with it, to say the least!

Craig and Brandon at Murray Lotus made the whole thing a pleasure from start to finish - nothing was too much trouble and Craig sure does know his stuff!

Had a great drive down to Yorkshire (1st leg!) on Saturday to stay at my brother's, a couple of nice blasts on decent roads whilst there, then headed home on Sunday.

My daughters, and as an added bonus, my wife, who has driven my S1s extensively albeit over a decade ago, all love the car wink.png

I had forgotten how utterly, utterly brilliant these cars are - I felt at home in it within about 3 miles, and the seats didn't give me any grief (Probax) over any of the long stints. The Nitrons are superb - great ride quality (350/450 Eibach springs) but very well controlled through the twisties. The noise from the Janspeed Roadsport and ITG just adds to the drama, and of course the various smells entering the cockpit just served to remind me how awesome it is to own an S1 again!

The S160 has so much character, the Emerald simply makes it more driveable and the specific map provides a good deal more torque lower down the range, but it hasn't lost much of the nice uneven idle that makes it a 160.

Now for the most important bit - the pics!

nPQtrWE.jpg

HP8Nkqg.jpg

VxJNrc9.jpg

WixRJ7a.jpg

fb8Zykl.jpg

GLqD6Wq.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dave, glad to see you found the site :)

Congrats on finally picking it up, she looks a beaut and I can see why you'd be willing to go all that way for it!

Enjoy!

That looks fab! Nice choice.

You are only 15mins from me. I'm playing squash in Nuneaton tonight. So will hopefully see you around in the near future around the back roads!

Gav at Unit 4 in Burton is the man to look after your car (just in case nobody has told you?)

Paul

Thanks for all the comments and warm welcome, it's great to be in a Lotus again after a ten year gap - too long driving slushy cars that feel like a barge in comparison to my Elise.

I can't make the 15th unfortunately as it's my daughters birthday, but will certainly be attending some of the meets/events so looking forward to meeting people.

Chatsworth looks good the end of July; planning to attend with the family (2 cars) and a like minded enthusiast (good mate of mine) in the passenger seat. Especially looking forward to the early morning run through the peaks ;)

Archived