litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Rev Limiter.

Alex B

Hi Alex, i see you are getting restless already :)?

The rev limiter on mine is at 7200RPM. My engines bottom end, i believe is standard, but the head is not? I understand what you say about on track, but remember as you know the K revs different to the Yota engine that you have just sold.

Generally you only rev if it carries on producing power. You will feel and hopefully have some sympathy and change gear before the rev limit is reached?

Get the car and start to enjoy it before you worry about things that probably will never be a issue. If they do become a issue then look at what can be done.

Do you know any more on the pick up date yet? Looking forward to seeing it. I do really like the seats ;)

Alan

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Alex, i see you are getting restless already smile.png? The rev limiter on mine is at 7200RPM. My engines bottom end, i believe is standard, but the head is not? I understand what you say about on track, but remember as you know the K revs different to the Yota engine that you have just sold. Generally you only rev if it carries on producing power. You will feel and hopefully have some sympathy and change gear before the rev limit is reached? Get the car and start to enjoy it before you worry about things that probably will never be a issue. If they do become a issue then look at what can be done. Do you know any more on the pick up date yet? Looking forward to seeing it. I do really like the seats wink.png Alan

Yes you could say Im getting slightly restless, haven't got a pick up date as of yet as still waiting on the DVLA to send the v5c back with updated engine number on it.

One main reason i asked about a limiter is because i remember my S2 K being a lower limit, but as you say i could have just been used to driving and changing gear at the "optimum" point.

First thing to do before posting any pictures up will be to give it a thoroughly good clean.

The seats surprisingly are more comfortable than the ones in my 111R

The 120s cut at 6500/6950 with oem ecu

The vvcs cut at 7000/7200

To find out the best shift point, you need the check your torque/power curves.

Before emerald, I put a piece of red tap on the rev counter to indicate where the power drops.

With emerald, I set the light at rpm = approx 98% (rpm max power). In my case 5900 as max is 6000 and engine cuts at 6200 (soft) an 6400 (hard).

Archived