• Created
  • Last Reply

Evening MLOC

Im after a few opinions

I quite fancy a lotus sport sunstrip

Ive got a white exige so what colour do you think would suit it

Thanks

Yep I reckon.

Currently toying with putting one on mine. I had this made to match the embroidery on my seats ( has a red R as a nod to the engine conversion. But not sure about it.....

13200017434_42fa5b48c7_z.jpg

I bought one to put on mine when I had her. Sadly being 6ft 4 meant I couldn't see traffic lights etc.... Epic fail...

You won't have this problem ollie..... ;-) I think they look good though....g's always looks good on his white un.....

post-4355-0-44571500-1395442304_thumb.jpg

Yep I reckon.

Currently toying with putting one on mine. I had this made to match the embroidery on my seats ( has a red R as a nod to the engine conversion. But not sure about it.....

13200017434_42fa5b48c7_z.jpg

I think that would suit yours nicely to match the embroidery :)

I bought one to put on mine when I had her. Sadly being 6ft 4 meant I couldn't see traffic lights etc.... Epic fail...

You won't have this problem ollie..... ;-) I think they look good though....g's always looks good on his white un.....

image.jpg

Haha I suppose you do loose an extra few inches of viewing space. I'm only about 5ft 11 so I should be fine.

It does look nice actually on the factory colours on white.

Ive got a white exige so what colour do you think would suit it

Thanks

Either you kept that quiet or I missed the news! :clap: How are you finding it compared to the S1? Any pics? Is it an n/a or S?

Dennis makes a good point about MOTs. IIRC, If the station applies the rules to the letter you will fail if the sunstrip is within the sweep of the wiper. Could always put a smaller blade on just for the MOT!

Never had a problem at mot time with my lotus sport one and it went to several different garages.

They are normally to busy laughing at how hard the car is to get in and out of, or that they can't see anything on the underside of the car due to the undertrays.

As you say Chris - depends on how they apply the rules.

A few years a go a guy on SELOC posted this:

Car has Failed it's MOT!!!!

My car failed on 1 thing........

MY LOTUS SPORT SUNSTRIP!!!!

It encroaches the wiper blade sweep by half and inch which under the new rulings calculates it as a fail

However my local garage got around it by fitting a slightly smaller wiper bladeyelclap.gif top lads at my local garage!

officially the most bizarre fail I've ever heard of...

So now you know..a sunstrip (of any sorts) will fail if it is within the wiper sweep area1532.gif

I was stuck trying to get a mot at the last minute a few years ago, the normal place i used at the time had changed their jack and the car could not get on , so thought i would try charlie browns (i was going to keep a very close eye on them), but the test did not start as they told me it would fail due to the sun strip, i asked how they could say that as they had not measured how much of the sweep was covered (back then the sun strip could encroach by a small amount but i knew mine was strictly to big but no harm in trying it on)

I advised them it was actually functional rather than a chav option as the car did not have sun visors hoping the guy would let me off, the guy then told me it would fail because it had no sun visors, i explained it never had any but he was adamant so I pointed out the difference between his bum and his elbow, (I can be helpful sometimes) and got in my car and drove off.

Archived