litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Little Spin At Donington This Weekend!

Saint Matt

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a novice, it's just feels like sensory overload!! Down hill, gathering speed even in a low powered novice car. Cranmer curve gets me into a twissle. Not wanting to get stuck in the gravel just adds to the pressure.

Not sure if ther is a change of camber, but there is a change of gradient. I have no idea how that affects my suspension, but something is happening :-)

After turn 1 just full throttle all the way until old hairpin. Only way to take craners is flat.

Chris is quite right of course only in the dry though. If you lift or brake you are in trouble as it really unsettles the car. The key is turning in at the correct point for the second part down to the Old hairpin. IIRC its immediately after the rise. Any later and it gets really interesting flat out smile.png You need to be running alongside the L/H curb well before the hairpin. You can then do the required braking in a straight line. braking in anything but a straight line there can also lead to tears.

Archived