litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Little Spin At Donington This Weekend!

Saint Matt

Nice save mate! I don't know if that was one of your mates in front of you but he would not move out of the way for a good 2 and a half laps early on :( Just kept flooring it down the straight every so slightly quicker than my car despite a couple of flashes, only got past thanks to him missing a gear on the start/finish straight!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a cracking day there sunday (black 205 GTi), sorry if i held anyone up, didn't realise there were any other MLOCers there otherwise would have said hello! Fish shared the driving and Scatty was spotted lurking in the bushes, err pits

Nice save mate! I don't know if that was one of your mates in front of you but he would not move out of the way for a good 2 and a half laps early on sad.png Just kept flooring it down the straight every so slightly quicker than my car despite a couple of flashes, only got past thanks to him missing a gear on the start/finish straight!

He races with us and is a nice guy but I don't condone his driving ;-) Did you report him?

TBH - if you want good driving standards go with LOT or Bookatrack. The number of red flags on Sunday was very high and the track was very busy and I only got clear laps in the last 30 mins of the day. If I still had my Lotus I would have had second thoughts about taking it on a CD day.

Sim@n, did your exhaust fall off in the morning?

Nah I didn't report him, I didn't want him to get kicked off first thing or anything. Thanks for the tip, I do keep meaning to look at LOT days and definitely agree the afternoon was a lot better!

Sim@n, did your exhaust fall off in the morning?

lol, the silencer fell off its hanger the first time out, 5 minutes in the pits and it was all sorted. Otherwise it ran faultlessly all day. I nearly got a free lunch and some body damage...

heading down the hill towards craner and a suicidal pheasant (still taken from video)...

post-4390-0-56116500-1395342191_thumb.jpg

He races with us and is a nice guy but I don't condone his driving ;-) Did you report him?

TBH - if you want good driving standards go with LOT or Bookatrack. The number of red flags on Sunday was very high and the track was very busy and I only got clear laps in the last 30 mins of the day. If I still had my Lotus I would have had second thoughts about taking it on a CD day.

Is that Miles in front tongue.png laugh.gif

I don't make too many mistakes but for some reason when I do they're at Donington. I've had 4 spins there, 3 of which have been caught on camera. Here are two of them, carbon copies of the OP video but in a Formula Ford.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYKFkr4dM0M

Kept it on the black stuff though....

Why Donington, or why Old Hairpin?

Donington is pretty good because in general there is so much space that you don't tend to hit anything. The Old Hairpin because (in my opinion):

• It's the tightest corner in that complex and you try to progressively take more speed towards and into it
  • The approach is from the last of the Craner Curves, so easy to be off line and too fast. I reckon most of the problems are actually due more to being off line than too fast - it's definitely true of my spins as I'm wide on the exit by about the same amount I'm wide of the apex.
  • It's a downhill brake
  • That brick/concrete doesn't have the grip you'd like!!

Archived