litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Little Spin At Donington This Weekend!

Saint Matt

Went to Donington this weekend for a track day, really happy with how the Elise felt (just needs more power :D )

Had a little off and got it on camera so I thought it's only fair to let everyone have a laugh!

To be fair, I knew it was going wide, went in a little off line as I'd gone past a chap that was on a warm up lap, I just thought that grate-like surface would have more grip than it did haha.

Did get some good slides around the Melbourne loop for the cameras :D

1920127_10152271025129691_1611976014_n.j

Matt

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look at mess you made of the grass nono.gifbiggrin.png

I put the 340R in the gravel half way down Craners, it doesn't half cause some paint damage when to go in sideways at over 60 mph.......

I had a similar moment not far off from there Matt. Mine was a bit further up where the old Spitfire used to be. Me and Russ clipped the curb and ended up not far from the tyres on the right... I blamed the torrential rain and Russ attempting to make me a better driver...the amount of mud and grass was still in the car and engine bay for weeks after....it's certainly heart stopping hurtling backwards knowing what could happen....

post-4355-0-88738000-1395257306_thumb.jpg

post-4355-0-09014300-1395257330_thumb.jpg

Lol went off there in the rain just before Alex jumped in last year. Good effort trying to catch it though mate, I caught the first one but couldn't catch the second and went off on the other side of the road not far from the wall. I've also been off halfway down Craners many moons ago taking out a course marker (for good) and into the gravel. It was messy!

One of the reasons I like Donington is that it has good run off areas in all the right places.

I've run wide off the old hairpin before but always managed to keep it straight. (I'm sure more luck than skill)

Lol went off there in the rain just before Alex jumped in last year. Good effort trying to catch it though mate, I caught the first one but couldn't catch the second and went off on the other side of the road not far from the wall. I've also been off halfway down Craners many moons ago taking out a course marker (for good) and into the gravel. It was messy!

That was a remarkably wet day.

Archived