litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

What's It Worth?

Alex B

Opinions on the price of my 111r,

Details of the car found here:

http://www.midlandslotus.co.uk/forum/classifieds/item/439-elise-111r/'%20title='Elise%20111R

In priced the car compared to the other 111r's for sale privately and in dealers.

The reason I ask is because after a few emails with will blackham, he's got me questioning if the car was worth what I paid for it 8 months ago.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At first when I saw your price I thought it was a tad high, but then looking at Pistonheads it's probably priced around about the correct price...

The only problem I see, is you are wanting the same price as the dealers. Same car and same mileage I agree...BUT, as a buyer would you rather buy from a dealer with backup etc etc or from a private seller..

If you haven't even had a phone call regarding it, then I'd say its too high....I don't know why because its a stunner, one of the best colours and some nice touches to it....if you are desperate to sell drop the price to 16500 and see if you get a bite... If you aren't in a hurry then just let it be, someone will view eventually...

It's a waiting game my old fruit...... :-)

I've been thinking about dropping the price to sub 17k so I think I will do that.

Cheers for the Fred back scatty.

I will make someone a lovely car and if I could justify keeping it I would.

Feed*

I've been thinking about dropping the price to sub 17k so I think I will do that.

Cheers for the Fred back scatty.

I will make someone a lovely car and if I could justify keeping it I would.

Feed*

Hi Alex

I agree with Scatty here and I am sure by dropping it under £17K it will get someone who is interetsed at least communicating with you!

Are you leaving Lotus ownership for good then when you sell up, I had you down as a 'die hard' Lotus fanatic?

Mark

I've had a few people speak to me about it but I think the price has put them off.

The reason for sale is me and the girlfriend are looking at houses and I borrowed some money out of my deposit fund to buy the 111r as at the time buying a house seem a year or so off.

I have my eye on an s1.

I've had a few people speak to me about it but I think the price has put them off.

The reason for sale is me and the girlfriend are looking at houses and I borrowed some money out of my deposit fund to buy the 111r as at the time buying a house seem a year or so off.

I have my eye on an s1.

Good work Alex - Glad your sticking to Lotus!!

Mark

Alex - I would recommend spending some time taking some really good photos of the car being really clean.

Then even more time doing the write up. Its all about presentation when selling. You need to catch that potential buyers eye with the photo's and then keep them interested with the description. Enough that they want to keep looking and reading until they actually phone you to view.

I know your car is nice, but your advert does not do the car justice. Look at some of the adverts on cars that have sold quite recently especially the higher priced ones and see what they are doing compared to you.

Once you have interest you can then talk about price in more detail.

Alex - I would recommend spending some time taking some really good photos of the car being really clean.

Then even more time doing the write up. Its all about presentation when selling. You need to catch that potential buyers eye with the photo's and then keep them interested with the description. Enough that they want to keep looking and reading until they actually phone you to view.

I know your car is nice, but your advert does not do the car justice. Look at some of the adverts on cars that have sold quite recently especially the higher priced ones and see what they are doing compared to you.

Once you have interest you can then talk about price in more detail.

Cheers Alan, i've already rewritten the advert once as the first one was awful.

as for photos of the car looking clean it had just been wash and polished in those pictures.

Sales really isnt my strong point.

I agree with everything said so far.

I had a look at the advert the other night and I have to say that the things that stuck in my mind, where the muddy drivers carpet and odd stuff on the passenger shelf.

Its like selling a house, people buy on emotion and with a Lotus it might be a dream. They don't want to see clutter or mud.

I think I'd also put a couple of interior shots in.. Especially one so you can see the sills. Also a pic of the engine bay. This is what my buyer requested. Also one of the front that's just been re sprayed.

The pics are ok, there's just quite a few of the same sort..

Incredibly - and I can scarcely believe i'm typing this - Scatty's words are wise!

I've had a nose bleed all afternoon....

. I'm liking his s1 idea, I hope he gets one with a Honda in it....

Definitely not one with a honda scatty. Off to view one a week on Sunday though.

I think it's priced quite low now. I'd have said it would be up at £18k and expect over £17k

Interesting, maybe it's as a few have said my photos are letting it down.

Will sort photos out Sunday if weather is good.

There's not much buying activity so don't think it's just your car. Sit tight and wait for interested parties otherwise chopping and changing adverts sends signals of desperation.

Archived