litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

New Elise Owner Looking For Advice An A Look On The Car

nokesy

I doubt Rover engineers would have bother with all the R & D if it was not needed. IMO a lot of HGF failures are also due to the lack of the correct and or inconsistant stand proud on the liners.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well mine has been fine for 14 years and 66k miles without a remote thermostat, yes I did hHave the gasket replaced that November but then it was apt he original gasket that was leaking to atmosphere not to the bores (not the normal hgf)

Umm, what do you mean by pagodas and Paiges? are they tyres?? like I said I am new to the lotus scene sorry...

I meant pagid's (brake pads) but the spell check thing got in the way

How dare you call me ginger! wink.png

Dave, get it insured and taxed and get it over here, you're only 50 minutes away and we can give it the once over in the garage smile.png

I am planning to come to Matt's at some stage, but nothing fixed yet.

I am trying to get insurance, but getting bent over for it at the moment, when i do I will come see you... But if your this way first... let me know..

Sorry, blonde with strawberry highlights...!

Do I need to seperate you two????

Well mine has been fine for 14 years and 66k miles without a remote thermostat, yes I did hHave the gasket replaced that November but then it was apt he original gasket that was leaking to atmosphere not to the bores (not the normal hgf)

I meant pagid's (brake pads) but the spell check thing got in the way

Good old auto correct, gets us every time!!! Thanks, I was planning on looking at the brakes, i think I have OEM aluminium ones...

The ali MMC disks were way lighter than any steel ones, but they needed special pads that went out of production. Eliseparts have got them remanufactured so they're available again.

Our first Elise did 100k on original disks without even a lip developing. Pads were only changed once in that time as well. They were awesome with virtually no fade. The downside ? Crap in the wet unless kept warm (cue some very scary braking on motorways in wet conditions when you don't use your brakes for miles at a time). They also shattered occasionally after very heavy track use.

The mmc's actually got fatter from use rather than wearing down.

If it were me with mmc's I would take them off and keep them safe for the future and run steel discs for pottering around

Archived