Midlands Lotus Owners Club (MLOC)

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

benny1235

Evora Alpine Reverse Cam Problems

6 posts in this topic

I have a reverse cam in my evora through an Alpine system yet it has decided to show a white screen and nothing else so can not see behind me. Does anyone know what is wrong or had a simliar problem?

not had any experience with reverse cameras myself however, standard trouble shooting for electrical issues...
loose/bad connection?
damp circuit board?

fuse?

I'd try disconnecting battery to give it a full reset or disconnecting and redoing cables.

My mum had a similar problem on her jag, turned out water had got in the camera from being jet washed.

I'd say try a reset, like how Chris said, the system is just standard alpine, does your screen still work as normal? Sounds like its loose connection, were the any symptoms before hand? Or clean the screen try a hair dryer or towel maybe around the lenses water may have got in

If your lucky it might dry out and start working again, otherwise you might need a new unit.

The alpine one is about £100, but I believe you can use any standard reversing camera which you can get from ebay for £20 ish.