litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Thursday 20Th Februaryromain Grosjean...

Mark H

Romain Grosjean completed the second day of testing at the Bahrain International Circuit with another limited programme as the team worked with partners Renault Sport F1 to harness the potential of the E22 at the Bahrain International Circuit today. Romain completed 18 timed laps with a best time of 1min 41.670secs.

Fast Facts:
Track: Bahrain International Circuit, Bahrain, 5.4km
Chassis: E22-01
Weather: Sunny, ambient 20-27°C, track 21-30°C
Programme: Installation and functionality checks.
Laps Completed: 18
Classification: P10, 1:41.670
Interruptions: Various software and installation issues

What’s Next?
Pastor Maldonado will drive for the team for tomorrow’s test day.

Romain Grosjean:
“We achieved some more laps today but there’s still work to be done. It’s been a frustrating couple of days as I want to get as many laps under my belt as possible, but at least we’re learning some things about the car. I’m looking forward to returning for next week’s test and seeing what progress has been made.”

Alan Permane, Trackside Operations Director:
“Obviously we fell way short of what we want to achieve here which is a strong tally of laps at a representative pace. The car itself has looked solid at the pace we’ve run so far, but you only learn so much from lapping at our current level. Clearly there’s work to be done and we’re all doing everything we can to get ourselves in a position to be able to gain valuable data from our testing here.”

This post has been promoted to an article

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived