litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Decided On A New Exhaust (Video/sound Added)

P4N Lotus

I had a bespoke built exhaust from Nouvalari Engineering in Watnall about 10months ago, at the time they said if its not loud enough we can tweak it, initially it was great, but then when I was at chatsworth I heard a those Elise and Exiges and the exhaust didnt cut it, soooo....

With the spec of "make it mean, make it sound like it should sound", to the guys down there i agreed to have its changed, so took it in today to have it changed....I LOVE IT!!! I actually think it sounds better the the S version now, very meaty and rather delicious and sounds like i have either a v8 or v10. They basically created a bespoke supersport exhaust very similar to what they build for their ferrari systems

More clips further down

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They advertise sound, performance,engineering and weight reduction benefits. To my knowledge they used to manufacture larini, quicksilver, I believe the 2009-2011 standard Evoras were manufactured by them, do lots of classics but they have biggest following with Ferrari community, they were manufacturing a batch for jaguar as mine was being done from what they told me.

I've done some digging around for dynos, but there isnot much about but did find comments on...

Ferrari 360 Modena should have 395hp and one reported 419hp but this included variety of other bits too. (26hp+)

Ferrari 348 suggested a 30hp+ increase

Ferrari 360 reported a few hp gain no mention of amount that was just on a supersport exhaust

Volvo v70 t5 full system claims was 261hp standard and with their system ran in at 297hp (36hp+)

Can't find any sheets, so it's bit vague and not really conclusive , too many variables which could have been attributed in the increases. I know the weight reduction is about a third of the standard exhausts, and it's mainly about the quality engineering and sound, if there is any power increases ill take them, I shall have to get mine dyno'd. For me it's more about sound, standard evora exhaust was like a milk float.

I must recall though, when I had my Elise I had a janspeed system on it and lost like 20hp

Im considering a radium. The cosworth tuned n/a can make 450-500bhp. I looked into thIs only problem with manifolds is that you need ecu retuned in order to not flag up the mil light . Just been out and done some videos , in sport mode it feels much quicker thought the revs than did before . Ill upload sound clips shortly

Looking forward to hearing it :)

Yep Paul looking forward to hearing the new sound

Sounds interesting any video footage.

What's the story on Nouvalari exhausts, is there performance benefits or is it just noise? There are no pictures on the website and no information.

Paul

It gets a tick from me. I think I need to pay them a visit to see if they can transform my 968 :-)

Send them an email or call and ask to speak to Bob or Rich, they will probably ask you to pop down and get it on the ramps to have a look at it, give them a call first though cause they may have other vehicles booked in on the ramp , just so you know they build and fit it inclusive and warranty it for the lifetime

Sounds nice I must admit.

Out of interest do you know how many db's it puts out static ?

Mark

I'm not sure to be honest I don't have anything to measure it with, I don't think it exceeds 100db but its probably pretty close.

Archived